Wednesday, March 2, 2011

rewind


habits...like brushing teeth...so "second nature" that you no longer think about completing them, you just do them, day in and day out. they become who you are.

my ability to recall things i have said, done or even thought has drastically shrunk with, eh hem, age!
so, to remind myself of what i am striving for and WHO i am serving...
here's a review of my long term habits i hope to form...
1. re-read these resolutions weekly.(jonathan edwards had this written at the top of his list)
2. put my family and friends above a clean house.
3. speak the truth in love.
4. stop rushing others and myself around.
5. plan less, live more...and enjoy it.
6. be joyful always, pray continually.
7. live intentionally.
8. give more...of myself, my time, my focus.
9. encourage more, critce, critiseze, criticize less.
10. learn how to spell!
11. stop raising my voice, unless someone's life literally depends on it!
12. write stuff down.
13. remember that i have been saved by God's grace...ALONE.
14. less rules, more fun.
15. put the needs of others above my own.
16. clean my bathroom more regularly.
17. calm down.
18. stop worrying about what others think.
19. appreciate my husband.
20. sit still in the moment.
21. enjoy the sweet "mess" God has blessed me with.
22. love my husband.
23. respect my husband.
24. eat more fruit.
25. praise God, in every circumstance...always.
26. give all glory and honor to God alone.
27. take myself less seriously.
28. talk less, listen more(and better).
29. remember i am far more sinful than i could ever imagine.
30. remember i am far more loved and forgiven than i could ever dare hope.
31. accept people as they are.
32. accept myself as i am.
33. no chocolate before noon.
34. keep the sabbath day holy.
35. bloom where He plants me.

No comments: